THOMASVILLE INFRASTRUCTURE & STATISTICS INFO
As you think about starting a business in our district, consider that we are infrastructure rich.
- The City of Thomasville provides electricity, natural gas, water and sewer and solid waste services, as well as high speed internet, cable television, and telephone services. Businesses have access to advanced telecommunication services for data intensive businesses, such as call centers or other back office operations.
- A low-cost city-wide WiFi is also available.
- Three four-lane highways - US Highways 319, 19 and 84, converge in Thomasville.
- Thomasville is a rail center for CSX Railroad.
- Owners draw employees from a five-county Georgia region as well as Tallahassee, Florida. The Georgia five-county population exceeds 144,000.
- Thomasville Regional Airport has runway capabilities exceeding 5,000 feet, ample for corporate aircraft.
- Thomasville Fire Rescue has an ISO Class 2 Public Protection Classification; only 3% of national communities have this exceptional rating. This rating saves our residents significant money on homeowners insurance and results in an even greater savings to our commercial businesses and industries. This is one more reason for families and business owners to located to the City of Thomasville.
- Thomasville has received numerous accolades from press around the country including USA Today, Southern Living, and MSNBC News. We’ve been ranked as a top micro-politan city, listed as a top sporting destination, and featured as a top 8 tax friendly city (making Thomasville a great place to retire). Some of our local businesses have been recognized and nominated by the State of Georgia as a “ROCK STAR” because of their outstanding, unique, and impactful contributions to the economy. Read more of Thomasville in the press here.
- Thomasville has been named a PlanFirst community through the Georgia Department of Community Affairs, acknowledging a proven track record of community planning and a history of good plan development.
More information about workforce demographics and quality of life can be found here.
Downtown Thomasville is a historically-modern, culturally vibrant city where people live, work and play. Contact our office at (229) 227-7020 to find out about the incentivies we have to offer when opening a business.
For additional information about Thomasville, visit the City of Thomasville’s website.