The purpose of the Thomasville Main Street and Thomasville Visitors Center social media pages is to post matters of public interest concerning Downtown Thomasville programs, activities, news stories, and photos, and to enable members of the public to comment on those posts. The intent is to create a limited public forum devoted exclusively to its postings, so members of the public should limit their comments to the subject matter of the post they are responding to.
Thomasville Main Street and the Thomasville Visitors Center seek to maintain an environment on their social media pages that is civil and appropriate for all ages. Therefore, please be guided by the following when posting. Comments that violate the guidelines may be removed, and those who repeatedly violate the guidelines may be prohibited from posting.
Guidelines for Members of the Public Posting When Posting to the Thomasville Main Street and Thomasville Visitors Center Social Media Pages:
- Limit comments to the subject matter of the post you are responding to.
- Keep it clean. Please do not post profane or obscene content. Children may view your posted comments.
- Do not post content you know to be untrue.
- Do not post content with reckless disregard for its truth.
- Do not post threats of violence against any person or organization.
- Do not post content that incites illegal activity.
- Do not post content that is discriminatory on the basis of any legally protected category including race, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by federal or state law.
- Do not post content that promotes or advertises any commercial service, business, or product (i.e. Don’t ask users to "like" your Facebook page, visit your website, or patronize your business.).
- Do not post copyrighted or trademarked content or content to which you do not have broadcast rights.
- Bear in mind that all information posted to this page is subject to release under the Georgia Open Records Act.
Any comment posted by a member of the public reflects the opinion only of that poster and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Thomasville Main Street and the Thomasville Visitors Center.