December 13-14, 2018
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY
6:00PM - 9:00PM
JOURNEY INTO THE PAST AS OUR TURN-OF-THE-CENTURY DOWNTOWN USHERS YOU INTO THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS LONG AGO.
The 32nd Annual Victorian Christmas will take you back in time to Thomasville’s Victorian past. Stroll the bricks and be entertained by performers, carolers, and musicians. Enjoy a ride on a trackless train. Shop, dine, and welcome the holiday season in Downtown Thomasville!
Both nights will feature:
- Carriage Rides ($5/person)
- Live Nativity Presented by First Baptist Church
- Visits with St. Nick
- Kings Voices and Broad Street Brass Ensemble
- Marshmallow Toasting
- Chestnut Roasting
- Plein Air Artists
- Live Entertainment on The Ritz Amphitheater Stage
- Street Performers
- Screening of “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” in the Municipal Auditorium
- Live Freeze Models
- Photo Opportunities with New Scenery
- Delicious Food Vendors of all Types
- Train Rides Courtesy of CNS
- ...and More!
Other Fun Things Happening on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during Victorian Christmas:
- Pebble Hill Plantation Holiday Tours
Pebble Hill Plantation is beautifully decorated for Christmas! Tour the Main House and learn about the Christmas traditions of the Hanna Family.
Thursday & Friday from 10 am–6 pm. Tours begin on the hour with the last tour beginning at 6 pm.
1251 US Highway 319 South, (229) 226-2344
- Thomasville History Center Presents “Winter Resort of the South”
Learn about Thomasville & Thomas County’s rich history as a winter resort.
Thursday-Saturday, Guided tours: 11 am & 2 pm only; Self-guided tours: 10 am-2 pm
725 North Dawson Street, (229) 226-7664
- Lapham-Patterson House Holiday Tours
Enjoy seeing the Lapham-Patterson House fully decorated for Christmas and more magical and whimsical than ever.
Tours on the hour on Friday from 1-4 pm & Saturday from 10 am-4 pm
626 North Dawson Street, (229) 226-7664
- Polar Express Pajama Party at The Bookshelf
Thursday & Friday from 6-6:30 pm
Bring your little one dressed in their pj’s for candy, hot chocolate, and “Polar Express” story time. Free to the public. Drop your letters to Santa in the special mailboxes located at The Bookshelf and Fuzzy Goat.
The Bookshelf: 126 South Broad Street, (229) 228-7767
Fuzzy Goat: 223 West Jackson Street, (229) 236-GOAT
- TOSAC Previews of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
Free mini-performances inside the theatre of this delightful comedy about a couple struggling to put on a church Christmas pageant.
Thursday at 4, 5, 6:30, & 8 pm; Friday at 4, 5, & 6:30 pm
117 South Broad Street, (229) 226-0863
- Victorian Sweets Tour by Taste of Thomasville Food Tour
Enjoy a sampling of sweets and drinks reminiscent of the Victorian Era, while learning Thomasville’s history.
Thursday & Friday at 10 am, 1 pm, & 3:30 pm; Saturday at 10 am
- Victorian Tea Experience presented by Southwest Georgia Protocol School
Join Southwest Georgia Protocol School for a teatime experience. Come dressed in your Victorian finest for tea and cookies.
Thursday from 5:30-6:30 pm; Click here for info and registration
Unvacant Lot, 219 West Jackson Street