Empire Bagel and Delicatessen
Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting, 2018
launch a business
The Thomasville Downtown Business District is a great location for your business.
Our retail shops and restaurants offer premier shopping that draw customers from surrounding counties and areas, including north Florida and south Georgia. There are numerous commercial opportunities for entreprenuers within our district. By choosing the downtown business district to launch your business, you’ll join the ranks of industry giants such as Flowers Foods, award-winning restaurants, 100+ boutiques and dining establishments, and 50+ professional and health service providers. All of them enjoy the benefits of doing business in Downtown Thomasville.
The Thomasville Main Street Office offers valuable perks to our Downtown merchants including:
- A listing in our Shopping and Dining Guide that is delivered to over 10,000 unique visitors annually. Click here to complete our Downtown Merchant Contact Form.
- The opportunity to participate in our Downtown Dollars gift certificate program.
- Monthly Memos to keep you up to date on what’s going on Downtown.
- Access to "This Week in Thomasville," a weekly newsletter delivered to over 3,000+ recipients.
- Quarterly merchant meetings so you can get to know your Downtown neighbors.
- Assistance with a Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening, with announcement on our social media channels and a photo opportunity in our local newspaper.
- Co-op marketing opportunities with area media outlets.
- Opportunities to participate in many Downtown events, including Victorian Christmas, First Fridays, and the Thomasville Rose Show & Festival, which provide great opportunities to market your business.
- Business name listing on directional signage to assist shoppers in finding your store.
- Tourism initiatives with state entities, regional and national magazines, local/regional/national websites, and more that promote Thomasville as a tourist destination.
Because Thomasville is nationally recognized as a Georgia Exceptional Main Street City, there are a variety of local and state incentives you may be able to take advantage of:
- A local matching facade grant from Thomasville is available to you to assist in refurbishing a building facade.
- The Georgia Department of Community Affairs offers funding programs such as block grants and low interest loans, along with many incentive programs through Opportunity Zones, Job Tax Credits, and more.
- The Georgia Municipal Association offers financing support through the Georgia Cities Foundation.
- The Downtown district, along with all of Thomasville, is designated camera ready for the film industry and is certified work ready by the Georgia Department of Economic Development.
We can also connect you with the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center, offering free training and one-on-one consulting services.
To learn more about opening a business, including helpful information on tax incentives, facade grant funding, and more, please contact our office at (229) 227-7020. We have specialized business packets and hands-on knowledge to help you achieve your dreams.