Empire Bagel and Delicatessen
Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting, 2018
launch a business
The Thomasville Downtown Business District is a great location for your business.
Our retail shops and restaurants offer premier shopping that draw customers from surrounding counties and areas, including north Florida and south Georgia. There are numerous commercial opportunities for entreprenuers within our district.
Choosing the downtown business district to launch your business, you’ll join the ranks of industry giants such as Flowers Foods, award-winning restaurants, 100+ boutiques and dining establishments, and 50+ professional and health service providers.
All of them enjoy the benefits of doing business in Downtown Thomasville.
To learn more about opening a business, including helpful information on tax incentives, facade grant funding, and more, please contact our office at (229) 227-7020 or email April Norton. We have specialized business packets and hands-on knowledge to help you achieve your dreams.
Because Thomasville is nationally recognized as a Georgia Exceptional Main Street City, there are a variety of local and state incentives you may be able to take advantage of:
- A local matching facade grant from Thomasville is available to you to assist in refurbishing a building facade.
- The Georgia Department of Community Affairs offers funding programs such as block grants and low interest loans, along with many incentive programs through Opportunity Zones, Job Tax Credits, and more.
- The Georgia Municipal Association offers financing support through the Georgia Cities Foundation.
- The Downtown district, along with all of Thomasville, is designated camera ready for the film industry and is certified work ready by the Georgia Department of Economic Development.
We can also connect you with the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center, offering free training and one-on-one consulting services. More information can be found here.
We also offer marketing assistance for our merchants:
- City of Thomasville sponsored events and Downtown advertising campaigns draw customers into the Downtown Business District.
- A weekly newsletter, "This Week in Thomasville," is delivered to over 3,000+ recipients.
- Overhead wayfinders and other signage with merchant names assist shoppers in finding a favorite shop.
- Updated yearly, the Shopping & Dining Guide is distributed through the Thomasville Visitors Center to over 10,000+ unique visitors annually.
- Main Street is a merchant-driven collaboration promoting business in the Downtown Business District .
- Tourism initiatives with state entities, regional and national magazines, local/regional/national websites, and more, promote the City of Thomasville as a tourist destination.